PHINNEY NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
The PNA GARDEN CLUB is a volunteer organized & operated club, hosted & directed by Eddie (Groundskeeper). LOCATION: PNA campus (6532 Phinney Ave N., Seattle WA 98103)
– To educate, engage, and build community through GARDENING & STEWARDSHIP.
– To transform the PNA GARDENS into a dynamic, vibrant, sustainable, landmark gardens, community & activity oriented spaces, such as Chess Park, Children’s Gardens, May’s Garden, Heart of Phinney Park, etc., as well as being a part of the planning, development & preparation of future grounds related projects.
Monthly Club Meets: Held last Friday of each month, from 10AM – 2PM. At the PNA Campus (6532 Phinney Ave N., Seattle WA 98103).
ACTIVITIES for ‘Last Fridays’ include:
- Seasonal garden task ‘to-do’s’ presentation / tutorial / Q & A: (the general curriculum for each month’s gardening presentation provided, as part of ‘Garden Journal‘ packet. *(see attached).
- Learn 100% organic & sustainable gardening practices, landscape & plant design, all aspects of yard / garden planning, maintenance, lawn care, pruning, tools & equipment, composting, etc.
- Hands-on grounds maintenance volunteer time.
- Have fun visiting & working in the gardens, with one another. Swap seed, plants, starts, etc.
- Discuss & coordinate general Garden Club business & activities.
Host or otherwise support, partner with other organizations, programs, events & activities, such as:
- Seed & plant swaps.
- Supporting Children’s Garden projects & activities for PNA hosted programs.
- Host visiting one-off activities & events.
- Seasonal & cultural, nature & garden related community events & activities.
- Presentations, “Ask a Gardener” events, guest speakers, community engagement & outreach and more!
Gardening enthusiasts, volunteers interested in community engagement, outreach & stewardship, folks wanting to learn more about organic gardening, new homeowners looking to learn the ropes of home & garden maintenance, folks considering starting a new gardening / yard maintenance small business, or folks just looking to meet new friends, in the area,
WE WANT YOU!!! Join today!!!
All ages, skill levels, all levels of physical abilities are encouraged to join!! There are TONS of ways to participate (watering the gardens, planter boxes, containers & indoor plant care, prepping & managing seed starts & such, plant design, club coordinators, children’s garden activities, research guru, serving on committees, helping develop, manage & host events & activities, outreach, and more!!) Most activities are wheelchair accessible!!
The only requirements are an interest in gardening, meeting new friends, and an interest in community!!
*Kids under 18 must have permission from a parent or guardian.
For more info & sign-up, visit…
PNA GARDEN CLUB MEET-UPS
Garden Club Meet-ups are held the LAST FRIDAY of each month, 10am-2pm, at the PNA Campus. ALL are WELCOME to ATTEND!!!
- September 24: 1st Garden Club Meet-up (Last Fridays, 10am -2pm)
- September 22-23: Autumnal Equinox
- NOVEMBER 7: Daylight Saving Time ends
- NOVEMBER (mid month): 1st Frost Date (average for Pacific NW)
- DECEMBER 21-22: Winter Solstice
- JANUARY 1: New Year’s Day
- MARCH 14: Daylight Saving Time begins
- MARCH (mid-month): Final Frost Date (average for Pacific NW)
- MARCH 20-21: Vernal Equinox
- APRIL 22: Earth Day
- JUNE 20-22: Summer Solstice